About Me

My photo
Wife, Animal Lover, Pediatric Audiologist, Golfer, Skier, Childless By Choice, Half-Marathon Runner

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Getting Faster!

Each time I run, I get a little bit faster, and I feel better and better. I haven't run on the treadmill in almost a month, as the weather has been pretty decent. Today I decided to break the streak and stay out of the elements. It was a little chilly and windy, and since I did my 3 miles in the cold and wind on friday, I decided to give myself a break. Plus today was speedwork day, and the treadmill is much easier for that. I did 4.5 miles today, slowly working my way up to routinely running 8K. My goal for the Trot is really starting to look reachable, as I am only 15-30 sec per mile slower than where I need to be, and of course race pace is always better. I ordered a new pair of Newtons (all-weather trainer) so that I am ready for snowy Buffalo winters. I can't spend the entire winter on the treadmill- I think I might go crazy. So instead, I am slowly building up the winter gear I need to run outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment