About Me

My photo
Wife, Animal Lover, Pediatric Audiologist, Golfer, Skier, Childless By Choice, Half-Marathon Runner

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My "Long" Run

My three weekly runs consist of one "easy" run, one "long" run and one "speed work" run. I can do them in any order I choose, and it usually depends on my schedule. Today I decided to do my long run, which was scheduled to be 4.25 miles. I decided on this because Tuesday is the day I get out of work the earliest and it was about 55 and sunny, which means I was able to do my run outside. I suspect I will be stuck inside the remainder of the week because of rain and limited daylight, so I thought I should take advantage. This was my longest run ever, with the exception of the one Turkey Trot 8K when I ran the whole way in 2008. So this was pretty exciting to me, especially since I felt pretty decent the whole way. I could have run more, but I was happy to be done too. It was pretty windy today, so the half I ran into the wind was tough, but the second half was far better. I have to attribute some of of my newfound interest in running in my new sneakers. I invested in a pair of Newton sneakers, which I have to say, was worth the $150. Check them out here: http://www.newtonrunning.com/ My legs actually feel decent and I don't have any more calf soreness, which was one of my big issues in the beginning of this whole running thing. We'll see how I feel tomorrow, but for right now, I am feeling pretty excited that I ran as far as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment