About Me

My photo
Wife, Animal Lover, Pediatric Audiologist, Golfer, Skier, Childless By Choice, Half-Marathon Runner

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Just Made It!

Running has been going very well this past week. I had a great short run on Sunday, averaging close to my last 5K pace. Today was another long run, 4.25 miles. It was 79 degrees, in Buffalo, in October, and I had to take advantage. I checked the weather forecast several times today and the crazy wind/downpours weren't supposed to start until after 6. It looked ugly out there, but I was determined. I thought about cutting the run short, but I ended up running far enough past my car to force myself to finish the whole run. I had my best long run yet. I am still not where I want to be on race day but I am inching closer, and I know I wll be faster that day anyway. I finished my run just in the nick of time- it started pouring as soon as I got in my car!  My legs feel good, although I am tired. But a couple of months ago, the thought of running for almost an hour would have either made me cry or made me laugh hysterically, so I am making progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment