About Me

My photo
Wife, Animal Lover, Pediatric Audiologist, Golfer, Skier, Childless By Choice, Half-Marathon Runner

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Speed Work and Runny Noses

Today was a scheduled speed work day. It was beautiful outside so the treadmill was definitely not an option. I woke up yesterday a little bit under the weather- sniffles and sneezing. Nothing major, but in the past I would have used that as the perfect excuse not to run. But, I did not, and instead I did 3.5 miles on the track. I actually felt pretty good today, despite my excessive use of tissues. Running made me feel better too- I always say I never get sick, and I don't really count this as sick- just a little sniffly. Anyway my speed work seems to be doing the trick- I am getting a little bit faster each time, and I am feeling more comfortable. It consists of .5 mi warm up and cool down, with 5 repeats of .25 mi "as fast as I can go" and .25 mi "comfortable pace". Coming up this week- an "easy" 2.5, more speedwork and a 5K on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment