About Me

My photo
Wife, Animal Lover, Pediatric Audiologist, Golfer, Skier, Childless By Choice, Half-Marathon Runner

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Change of Scenery

Now that it's pretty much dark when I am not at work, running outside is done, except for the weekends. I got pretty used to being outside, and since the cold weather doesn't scare me, I know I can still get in at least one (if not two) runs outside on the weekends. During the week, I now have two new options. I am swapping my gym membership for one that has an indoor track. Bally's, while old, has everything one could want, including the indoor track and a pool! I ran 5 miles on it yesterday, which in case anyone was curious, was 40 times around (it's a 1/8 mile, so I did the math for you). Booooorrrring but not as boring as the treadmill in my opinion. Bally's has plenty of treadmills, but we were lucky enough to have friends with an old but usable treadmill. It's loud, but it works, and in a pinch when I need to get in a shorter run, it will be perfect. Our little home gym now has a treadmill, elliptical, bike on a trainer and a bowflex (as well as a cat that won't leave the room and her litter box, but what can you do?). So these are some good options for my winter runs. I was very pleased with yesterday's 5 mile run- I actually completed it faster than my Turkey Trot goal, so it looks like it is definitely time to re-evaluate my goal. I am running a 5K this weekend, so how that goes will determine how agressive my new goal will be.

1 comment:

  1. I know the Buffalo winters are hellish, but you should try night running (although make sure it's in a safe area)! Night running is amazing and you'll be surprised at how far and how fast you can go when you can't see the miles ahead of you. In fact, bring the hubby along for safety and you both will have a blast. Don't forget your headlamps and cold weather gear!

    ReplyDelete