About Me

My photo
Wife, Animal Lover, Pediatric Audiologist, Golfer, Skier, Childless By Choice, Half-Marathon Runner

Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Successful Week

I had planned to take a few days off this week and save my runs for later in the week due to my nagging right foot pain. I was hoping that some rest would solve whatever the issue is. I did some cross training on the bike Monday and Tuesday, as that didn't bother my foot much and I wanted to get some activity in. Plus I am hoping to improve my performance on the bike, as I am considering doing some rides this summer. I took Wednesday off since I had plans with friends and ended up taking Thursday off too due to a nasty headache. But, I got myself up early on Friday morning to get my 3 miles in at the indoor track. Yes, it was very cold and very snowy but I made it there and had a great tempo run- in fact, it was my fastest training run ever. Maybe running at 5:30am isn't all that bad. The unfortunate thing is that my foot didn't feel any better. Not worse, but definitely not better as I had hoped and expected after 4 days of rest. I actually have an appointment with a podiatrist in a couple of weeks to see if they can figure out what the issue is and how to make it go away. Saturday I did my long run- 6.5 miles, which is the longest I have ever run. It went pretty well and I was happy to see that it took me 1 hr and 15 min... this means that my goal of completing a half marathon in less than 2 1/2 hours is possible. I am halfway to a half! And today, I had an easy 2 miles to complete, which was just that- easy. It's nice to be able to say that.

This week is going to be interesting. I have four runs scheduled. In fact, I think I have four runs every week until May to get ready for the half marathon, which I registered for yesterday. I can easily do two on the weekend, as my husband runs both weekend days as well. It's the two during the week that can sometimes challenge me. I have plans for two nights this week and I need a rest day tomorrow. So, I decided to do one on Tuesday night and one on Thursday morning. A morning run is the only way I can work it this week, and so be it. We are toying with doing the Penguin Run 5K on Saturday, but if the roads are like they were for the 5K last weekend, I will be running that at the gym instead!

2 comments:

  1. Not that it matters that much, but the Penguin Run is Sunday, not Saturday.

    I'm still planning on doing it. Not expecting it to be my best run...

    Anyway, I'm proud of you! Keep doing what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I have it right on my schedule. If it's like it was for the Snowball Run, I'm out. That was a big disappointment and I don't want to repeat that mess again. Plus I am running 7 miles on Saturday so I don';t want to have to plow my legs through the snow again. Not fun! It will be a last minute decision I think. Thanks for the support!

    ReplyDelete