About Me

My photo
Wife, Animal Lover, Pediatric Audiologist, Golfer, Skier, Childless By Choice, Half-Marathon Runner

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Back on Track

I had to make some adjustments to my schedule this week, due to some soreness in me left calf. It was something that had come up back in November, disappeared and then reared its' ugly head on Tuesday. I had a decent run on Tuesday, but had to sit down in the middle to massage my calf. Still, I completed my run and faster than scheduled. I decided to take the next three days off to rest my leg. I couldn't tell what was going on but I was concerned that the calf pain was actually shin splints, as I almost felt like I had a bruise on my shin. I moved my tempo run to the weekend and eliminated a cross-training workout. My run today was scheduled to be 5.75 miles. It was so cold outside and snowing on top of it, so I decided to run at the indoor track. It went really well today- I felt great most of the time. The last mile was tough, but I got through it and completed my run about 9 sec/mile faster than my target pace. I decided to do some weights afterwards since I felt good and had rested for the past three days. On tap for tomorrow is my rescheduled tempo run. I am not super excited about it- I find tempo runs to be the most difficult. But it's an important part of my training, so onward I will go!

No comments:

Post a Comment