About Me

My photo
Wife, Animal Lover, Pediatric Audiologist, Golfer, Skier, Childless By Choice, Half-Marathon Runner

Sunday, December 19, 2010

What Am I Thinking??

What kind of person thinks that training for a half marathon in Buffalo in winter is a good idea?? I thought it was, but now I'm not so sure. I set out to do 6 miles today. It was cold (24) & windy (feels like 13). On top of that, I went all out on that 5k yesterday afternoon, and I felt like I had nothing to give today. It was by far my worst run since I started this whole thing. I cut it short to 4 miles and ended up walking big chunks. My legs were still a bit sore from yesterday and I think it was probably a bit ambitious to try to do a long run the day after a race. I just don't think I'm there yet. Add to that the cold and wind, and it's a recipe for disaster. I still plan to keep going, but I may have to re-evaluate my strategy.

No comments:

Post a Comment