About Me

My photo
Wife, Animal Lover, Pediatric Audiologist, Golfer, Skier, Childless By Choice, Half-Marathon Runner

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Confidence Builder

After last Sunday, I was in desperate need of some confidence. I ended up taking three days off to rest after that, since it was a busy week and I just felt like I needed it. I went to my office Christmas party during the day and we got out nice and early. I had planned on running my 3 miles outside, but it was pretty cold and windy and so we decided to hit the treadmill instead. I did the 3 miles, but it was pretty tough. Granted, it was after a full day and lots of food that I wouldn't normally eat, so I guess I am just glad I got through it. Friday morning we planned to head outside for a long run- however, when I got to the bike path I saw it was still not plowed. So, instead I headed to the gym to use the indoor track. I had a GREAT 5.25 mile run. I ran about 30 seconds per mile faster than my goal. I just felt good and strong throughout the run. It was a much needed confidence booster. I had another 3 miler planned for this week, but Christmas and food got the best of me, so here I sit on the couch blogging about running instead of doing it. I plan to add it to my three runs next week, since I am off most of it and will have plenty of time to get in an extra run.

No comments:

Post a Comment