About Me

My photo
Wife, Animal Lover, Pediatric Audiologist, Golfer, Skier, Childless By Choice, Half-Marathon Runner

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Lindsay's Legacy 5K

I went into this race feeling a bit apprehensive. I have had a little foot pain, and wasn't sure what I was going to be able to do. I shortened a run on Thursday- had 3 mile speed work scheduled and ended up running an "easy" 2.25 miles, stopping when I decided my foot hurt enough to make it a bad idea to keep going. Walking to the race, I had a little soreness, but nothing that I felt would be a big problem. I decided to just do what I could and not push too hard. I actually started out pretty fast, much faster than I should- about a 9:30 mile, which is just simply not maintainable for me yet. But I was feeling pretty good and just kept pushing on. As I was running, I felt some soreness in my foot, but nothing too bad. I was irritated when on a hill I got passed by someone who looked and sounded like he wasn't going to make it. I hate when that happens. Anyway I had a great race, finishing in 33:30, over 2 minutes faster than my previous best. I averaged a 10:50 mile. Oh, and I saw the guy who passed me earlier at the end, and my husband, who was nice enough to meet me for the last quarter, asked me if I was going to let him beat me... the answer was NO! I zoomed in for last tenth of a mile at an 8:20 pace. I didn't know I could move that fast, but when pride is at stake, I guess everything changes. My foot was pretty painful afterwards, and I suppose shopping all day didn't help. But I am icing it and will take a few rest days this week. Next up: 8K race this Saturday, as well as the 8K Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment