About Me

My photo
Wife, Animal Lover, Pediatric Audiologist, Golfer, Skier, Childless By Choice, Half-Marathon Runner

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Taking Some Time Off

I know I have kind of fallen off the face of the earth. Training was moving along nicely. I ran a new PR for the Bengal Run on 3/19, which was pretty exciting. Unfortunately after that run, my right foot starting feeling sore again. Against my better judgement, I ran the next day. I had a 9 mile run planned, and I am so stubborn and determined, that I did it. I ended up walking much of it, because of the pain in my foot. I knew what it was, but I went back to the podiatrist anyway. An xray and ultrasound confirmed that the stress fracture had either returned or never healed in the first place. I was feeling so good for awhile there too. So I haven't run in nearly two weeks. The timing kind of worked out though, since we went to Vegas for a week. We even brought our gym bags- but sadly, never even opened them! I ate like a pig and enjoyed every second. Although it was sad to come home, I enjoyed eating healthy food today and even got on my bike trainer for a 7 mile ride. I plan to re-evaluate after this weekend. I did a lot of walking in Vegas, so I suspect that may slow my recovery. I am feeling better but not quite right yet. The half marathon is a month away, so if I can't get back to where I was, I may have to skip it and plan for another one. But I am thinking that if I can get in a couple of easy 2-3 milers next week, and then get in a good long run the following week, that I may still be able to do it. I had planned on maxing out my long run at 12 miles, but I don't have time to do that now. I can still hit 10 though, and a lot of training plans are set up that way. And I figure, as long as my foot is ok, I know I can finish- even if I end up walking some of it. Who cares how I get there, as long as I finish on my feet?

No comments:

Post a Comment